Compliance with California Privacy Law
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018 passed on June 28, 2018, and is now law. The law introduces new privacy rights for consumers and will require companies that conduct business in the State of California to implement structural changes to their privacy programs.
The new rights given to California consumers are similar to the rights provided in the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The CCPA also subjects non-compliant businesses to fines, class-action lawsuits, and legal action. Some key provisions of the law are:
- Consumers will have the ability to request a record of what types of data a business collects and stores about them, what information is disclosed and/or sold to other third parties or partners.
- Consumers have a right to deletion of personal data stored by a business.
- Businesses will have to disclose to whom they sell data, and consumers will have the ability to object to the sale of their data.
- Non-compliance will result in fines and lawsuits.
How CENTRL helps
CENTRL's Privacy360 helps companies prepare for CCPA compliance by maintaining a detailed data inventory and providing a comprehensive consumer rights management workflow.
- Data Subject Access Request module
- Provides consumers to exercise their rights: Right to Request Information, Right to Deletion of data.
- Automates the process of managing and fulfilling request per CCPA compliance
- Data Inventory module:
- Keeps track of the data elements and categories, third parties to whom the data is sold, the purpose of data collection and other attributes.
- Serves as the backbone for responding to the consumer requests
- Assessments module:
- Automates the end-to-end security and data protection assessments.
- Provides a way to manage and have oversight on the critical high-risk third-party relationships.
- Consent Management Module:
- Manage Preferences - Add preferences for each consent-based activity across your organization.
- Turnkey Cookie Consent - Detect, categorize, and block scripts and cookies until approved by your compliance team.
- Consumer Portal - Extend your application or website with a consumer-facing brandable portal to manage both preferences and individual rights.
By using CENTRL's Privacy360, your organization can easily manage a multitude of templates, checklists and questionnaires while providing the control to monitor, evaluate and create audit reports allowing you to focus on the results instead of the process.
Read more about Privacy360, or request a demo of CENTRL's privacy solutions.